Every Scout should learn the value of hard work and earning their own way. The popcorn sale is the perfect opportunity to teach this valuable life lesson and fund the most exciting year of Scouting ever. The council does all the pre-work to set up the sale, eliminating the need for units to research opportunities, calculate returns, create sales and promotional materials, manage a relationship with a vendor, etc.
Hundreds of thousands of dollars go back to the Scouting program in the Atlanta Area Council as a result of the annual popcorn sale. 73% of all dollars collected during the sale support local Scouting. The popcorn sale is a way for a Scout to support his or her way through the various activities during the year. There are three options to sell popcorn: traditional take order sales, sell online to friends and family out of town, and show-n-sell. For more information, contact your district popcorn kernel or district executive.
Increase your unit and council income – 73% stays in the local area.
• Meet annual fundraising goals faster than ever before
• Scouts pay for their way for various programs (e.g., summer camp, dues uniforms).
• Scouts learn life lessons by earning their own way.
• Loads of incentives motivate Scouts to sell.
• Ordering has never been easier than with the Trail’s End App.
• Videos and resources help Scouts learn how to be successful.