The Boy Scouts of America through the Commissioner teams supports a monthly Roundtable all over America. These meetings are reminiscent of the legendary King Arthur’s Round Table in which knights assembled to discuss the betterment of the people (Scouts) they were serving and watching over.
What is Roundtable Anyway?
- A program forum for leaders to exchange ideas, solve problems and share successes.
- A program to help you and your leaders be better leaders and mentors.
- A program that leads to new discoveries and adventures for your Scouts to enjoy.
- A program to provide you with resources, recognition and opportunities for networking.
- A program that helps share new, creative and innovative Ideas for your unit.
- A program led with information, fun, inspiration, demonstrations, displays, action, training, beneficial information, learning and enthusiasm.
- A program that will help you and your unit achieve success in all that you do.
Who Should Attend?
>>All Program Leaders<<
Cubmasters &Assistant Cubmasters
Den leaders & Assistant Den Leaders
Pack Committee Members
Scoutmasters & Assistant Scoutmasters
Troop Committee Members
Venturing Advisers & Assistant Advisers
District Committee Members
Supplemental Training Instructors
All interested Scout Parents
Why should I attend Roundtable?
To be better informed: Learn about upcoming opportunities and activities in your scouting community.
To have a more rewarding Scouting program: Gain new insight and ideas that will help you as you plan your programs.
To network with other unit leaders: Meet other unit leaders from your district and gain new insight and skills from them.
To be more productive and prepared: Roundtable breakout sessions will teach you new ways and ideas to help you plan your meetings.
To learn and practice new skills: Practice your new concepts and skills before presenting them to your scouts.
To feel more confident: Roundtable will improve your confidence as you keep up-to-date with current Scouting issues and and improvements to the Scouting program.
What is happening at Roundtable?
Where is Roundtable being held these days?
Currently, we hold Roundtable in two locations, one in Roswell at Roswell United Methodist Church and the other in Alpharetta at Alpharetta First United Methodist Church. Both sessions have the same basic content however, Alpharetta is our primary event and the most content will be available there.
Where..: Alpharetta First United Methodist Church, Student Center 69 North Main Street, Alpharetta, Ga When...: Third Thursday of the Month Time...: 7:15PM to 9:00pm
Where..: Roswell United Methodist Church, Scouthut 814 Mimosa Blvd, Roswell, Ga 30075 When...: Third Wednesday of the month Time...: 7:15PM to 9:00PM