- Version 07292017
- File Size 85 KB
- File Count
- Create Date October 14, 2020
- Last Updated October 14, 2020
Spirit of the Eagle
The Boy Scouts of America has created the Spirit of the Eagle Award as an honorary, posthumous recognition of a registered youth member who has lost his or her life in an accident or through illness.
- This award is bestowed by the National Court of Honor as part of the celebration of the life of this young person. It recognizes the joy, happiness, and life-fulfilling experiences the Scouting program made in this person’s life.
- The intention is also to help heal and comfort the youth member’s family and other loved ones over their loss.
- Because the Scouting program was so appreciated, loved, and enjoyed by the youth, this award will serve as a reflection of the family’s and friends’ wishes as a final salute and tribute to their departed loved one.